As you can probably tell I am trying really hard to keep up with this blog. I know it's nothing pretty and I have a lot to learn about how to do things on here but I do want to at least try and keep it more up to date.
Our sweet, adorable and precious daughters are changing and learning so much every day!! I knew that ONE was going to be a fun age but I didn't know this fun!!
I have been trying to teach them sign language since they were about 6 months old. They liked it and would do a sign here and there when I prompted them but now they are finally really getting it. They can both sign "more" and "eat" and wave bye-bye. Stella can sign "thank you" and Sloane will do it sometimes. They both love to clap and will clap whenever they like something or get excited. They can both say da-da and ma-ma and snack (nack) for any kind of food. I know I am supposed to say it correctly to teach them properly but I just LOVE that they say "nack, nack, nack" when I ask them if they want to eat or they see me in the pantry or fridge. :)
Go figure my daughters first real word would revolve around food!!
They love to look outside for birds (Sloane calls them "da") and they love to go outside and swing or play in their play house. I hate that it has been so hot but I do try to take them out there at least once a day for about 15 minutes or so. That's enough time in this heat to make us all sweaty and red faced! If I say shoes, they go right to the shelf where we keep them and grunt to put them on. It I say bath time, they go right to our bedroom door (we bathe them in our tub) and usually when I say let's eat, they will head to their highchair. Its so amazing how much they really do understand now!
But the most precious thing they are doing is kisses! Stella has been doing it for a while when we would ask her, but now she will just lean in to kiss us on her own. She keeps her mouth kind of open and gently touches our cheek or forehead. (or where ever!) She likes to kiss Sloane on the head. I used to see wet spots on Sloane's hair and not know what it was then one day I saw Stella "kissing" her and figured it out. So funny! Sloane doesn't really kiss us but she does imitate the noise. You can tell she is thinking really hard about smacking her lips to imitate you then gets so proud of herself. I thought my mom was going to cry last night on Skype watching them "give kisses". I love that they are both so much alike and different too. People ask me all the time how I know the difference and how I tell them apart. Of course it's easy for me but really I think that anyone who is around them for a little while will see how sweet they both are but so unique as well. We are so blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment