Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Wow! It's been a month since I posted! I feel like I haven't had time to sit down much less get on the computer. The few moments I did have lately I read the Hunger Games Trilogy. I read the first book in just a couple days. It's such a suspenseful book that I just flew through the pages. The second and third I didn't read as fast but still with in a week. I figure since my only reading time is when the girls are napping or asleep at night, that's pretty good. My next book will be a parenting book. It's a christian book about what the bible says about child-rearing and I can't wait to see what it says. I NEVER in a million years thought raising kids would be this hard. Or that I would love them so much either!! It's a crazy combination that still I can't explain. Which brings me to why I really wanted to post today. My husband has been the best Dad our girls!! We didn't know what we were getting into when we found out we were having twins and we never thought it would be this hard but we are a great team. When the girls were little my sister-in-law mentioned how in synch Nick and I were. She said it was like we were reading each other's minds and knew what the next step would be. I hadn't really thought of it then, but I know how true it is now. When he is gone on business, I REALLY miss him. Not just because he's funny and I love being around him, but he's my parenting partner. We have this ying and yang thing going that I know was all planned by God. Even if I have his mom or my mom here it still isn't the same. Nick and I just have this way of taking care of the girls that is our own. No one else understands what it's like but that's what makes our relationship so special. I know probably everyone thinks their hubby is great or is a great Dad but I know that I couldn't make it without the support and love of my man!! Here are some of my favorite pics over the last 2 years. We love you so much "Daddy"! Also one of my dad and the girls. They love their "dad-dad" or Grandad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment