Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Sloane and Stella's Second Birthday!
Okay so I am a bit late posting here, but I had to write about our twins 2nd birthday weekend! They turned 2 on July 6th which was a Friday. We had a party planned for Saturday, a "giraffe party" to be exact but I wanted to do something on their actual birthday too. I asked them a few days ahead what they wanted to do for their birthday. After they talked about the party and I prompted them to think of something else fun we could do on their birthday, the day before giraffe party, they mentioned the "choo-choo". Of course we could do that! Perfect! Take them for a train ride and lunch and maybe the carousel too. I let my parents know the plan so they left really early to get here so they could spend the day with us too. The girls were so happy to have them here and I was too! Thanks for coming early Grammie and Grandad!
Here are some pics at Kemah on Friday
Friday Morning we decided to let them have a donut and put a birthday candle in it. They loved it! But luckily they really didn't eat that much of their donut and just wanted to eat strawberries instead then play. YEAH! I let them open their card from their great grandma and it had money in it. They were excited but really didn't know what to do with it. I'm sure they will figure out what to do soon enough if they are anything like their Momma!
Saturday was "Giraffe Party" day at Jump N Jungle. It's an indoor bounce place where you can have parties. I mostly picked it because I knew that with their birthday being in July it's just too hot to do anything outdoors. We had their first birthday at our house but it was crowded and HOT for the kids and people outside. So I knew I would be happy having it at an indoor place where the weather wouldn't be a problem. I had heard that the staff there did a great job taking care of everything and boy did they! I was very happy with the service and how easy it all was. Stella and Sloane had a great time over all but Stella was a little clingy. Not as bad as her first birthday but she didn't really get too far from Me, Nick or her grandparents. It's funny because she LOVES playing there and was so excited but once it started getting full of friends she got a little shy. Oh well, Sloane had a blast! Their cake was made once again by my talented friend Diane. She made these precious little giraffes out of icing to go on top. And it was delicious too! I would love a piece right now actually!
My friend Emily made their shirts and they were so cute! I'm so glad we did them in different colors so you could easily tell who was who. It's really hard to tell from the back these days and especially in pictures. They got so many great gifts and again I will say the staff did a great job helping us open and organizing everything for the girls. You can tell they had done this before and probably even twins by how they separated it all out and kept track of whose was whose.
Here are the pics from the party. One of the friendly staff members took the ones of the room for me after they got it ready (seriously, the were awesome!) and my friend Tamara took the ones of the girls opening their presents. I meant to get one of the four of us at the party but missed that opportunity again! Oh well, I will try again next year! It was a great weekend with family and friends and we are so blessed! Happy Birthday to our darling "baby" girls!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment