Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Toddler Cuteness





I just have to blog about a few cute things the girls are doing before I forget. While we still haven't been back to our normal sleeping, it is a little better and I am hoping that after this little cold is fully gone they will be good as new! Other than being exhausted lately, it's been fun watching the girls change everyday.
Now when you ask Stella "What's your name?" She will say "me". And we say no, it's Stella, she smiles really big and says me again. Just precious. She has also started going in for kisses pretty often now. I love when I am in the middle of something else and she just leans in for a kiss out of nowhere. It's just too sweet! She just learned how to say the sound a dog makes, woof woof. It seems like I was trying to get them to say it forever and now she is finally doing it. I think the w sound was hard for her. Sloane is trying to copy her but you can't really tell what she is saying. We taught them both to say "Go Texans" and that was really fun to have them shout at the TV during playoffs! Too bad we didn't get to the Superbowl this year, but I'm still very proud of our team!
Sloane is just climbing up everywhere!! She can climb the back of the couch and peek her head over the top. We're not even sure how she is doing it, she's just so strong! She can get up on the coffee table and now is trying to climb the baby gate in front of the TV. Her latest words are mow (rhyme with cow) for what a cat says and shoes. She can say shoes pretty clear and she knows where to go to get them and that if she wants to play outside she needs them. ;)
They also can saw Mamaw now instead of just signing it and they can say Bo-bi. A nickname Sloane made up for her cousin Mikalya. I know, we have no idea how she came up with Bo-bi but it's what she started saying so we go with it. They did try to say Maddie last time and it sounded like Mimi. We'll see if that sticks. They do love their older cousins and I love seeing them interact. Precious.
Their latest game is grabbing a throw blanket and wanting to hide under it. They want me to put it over them then get under with them. They aren't really satisfied playing alone, we ALL have to be under there. Then they just giggle and pop out. Then back under, then out, about 10-15 times till I have had enough and walk away (they cry and fuss at me and sometimes I go back for a few more rounds then I say, really I'm tired, you play, which only works sometimes).
My grandma got them a gift card to Wal-mart for Christmas for books. I took them yesterday and when I got the book aisle I let them look at the books. They both immediately said Dog-dog and reached for the same book. It was a really cute one that has little sound buttons you can push for several different animals. They LOVE it! They also got another book that has sound buttons that says different words they should learn like car, boat, ball, dog, cat, shoes, apple, etc. I was so happy that they knew most of them already and were able to push the button when I asked them to find certain ones. They are just learning so quickly these days. The teacher in me wants to be more intentional with my teacher and start working on more things but then again, I know that what I am doing already with them is working and they are learning everything just fine. I have plenty of time to teach them to read. haha
I am getting ready to register them for Mother's Day Out next fall. I can't believe I am already planning for this but it will be here before I know it. And I know that they need to be around the other kids (and away from me) for a little bit. Especially since they will be 2 by the time it starts.
I feel like there was more I wanted to say but of course I can't think of it. Going to go spend a little time with the hubby before we both crash.
Girls will be 19 months next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment