Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Story


Since I am feeling happy and lovey I thought I would post about something other than our adorable daughters. They might sneak into to this post a little bit but mostly I want to focus on my sweet hubby. I like to reminisce about years past and try to keep the memories of our life events alive in my head. As some of you might know (my husband definitely does) that I don't have the best memory. I forget things ALL the time! It was bad before I had kids and now it's just terrible. Anyway, I want to write about our love story and just some of the memorable times Nick and I have had over the years.
Our story starts in October 2006 when Hillary (a teacher friend of mine at the time, we are both SAHM now) says that she has a good guy friend she would like to introduce me to. Nick lived in Colorado then and I wasn't sure I was up for a long distance relationship. But I met him for a blind date in Houston (The Woodlands to be exact) on the first weekend in November and we've been together ever since. We spent our first Valentine's day ('07) together in Midland for Hillary and Sean's wedding. He got me a Tiffany chain necklace and I thought he hung the moon (well I still do!) Our second Valentine's day ('08)we closed on our house here in League City. (Yes, we moved fast! Our first dance song at our wedding was Elvis' Fools Rush In. But we knew we were meant to be together and we just went for it!) I was still living in my apartment of course so I made Nick dinner and I can't remember what he got me, I guess a house! :)
Our third Valentine's day (09) Nick made us a wonderful steak dinner at home and even had chocolate covered strawberries! I can't remember 2010 (see I told you I have a bad memory) but I know last year (2011) we had a nice heart shaped pizza from Papa John's! HA! The girls were little and it had been freezing all that month. We decided a nice evening at home together was better than going out, or cooking!
Which brings me to V-day 2012. Nick had planned to take me to III Forks in Houston. Of course he sprained his ankle last week so I really didn't think he would feel like going on crutches but he did. Mom was here to watch the girls so on Saturday we both got dressed up for our fancy dinner out. I wish I would have gotten a picture but we were just trying to hurry up and leave before the girls noticed and then at the restaurant we were too busy eating! Oh my word! If you haven't eaten III Forks, you have to go. It's pricey so probably for a special occasion but worth every penny. I won't even say what all we ate because you will think we are pigs but the steaks (melt in your mouth!) and the mac and cheese with crab meat were our favorites.
Today the girls and I baked cookies for Daddy and we are planning a nice evening here at home. We might even order a heart shaped pizza again! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's day with your special someone!
(The picture I posted is from our Engagement photos in Galveston)

1 comment:

  1. I love your love story!! I remember we talked on the phone before you headed to Houston to meet him that weekend, and I thought it was crazy that his name was Nick!!!! So happy that God lead you to him- and then he gave you your two sweeties!! God is so good!!

    ReplyDelete