Can you believe Sloane and Stella will be 15 months old this week?!?!? I really can't! I feel like we just had their birthday party and it was 3 months ago!! They have changed SO much the last couple months. Everyday they are learning something new and it's so fun to watch them learn and grow. Stella learned how to drink from a straw a few weeks ago so last week I got them sippy cups with straws. Sloane was never able to drink from a regular straw but she somehow picked up drinking from the sippy cup right away. They have had so much fun drinking water from their new cups. I am still giving them milk in a regular sippy cup for now.
We have been watching Baby Signing Time and learning signs for a while now but I think they are finally developmentally ready for it. They know so many signs!
Stella is quicker at recalling them but Sloane usually joins right in. They know: airplane, car, bus, boat, milk, more, eat, dog, cat, shoes, hat, "thank you" and "sorry". They also are learning their body parts from books we read so they can point to their eyes, nose, mouth, ears, and neck. When you say feet or foot they look at them and when you ask "where is your belly?" Stella pulls up her shirt (or tries to if she's in a onesie).
They can say a few things too. They have been saying snack (nack) for a while and mama and dada have both been shortened to just MA and DA. It's kind of funny. I guess they didn't feel like saying it all the way or they realized dada and dog-dog was confusing us. They say dog-dog for dog, and ba for ball. Stella says baba for baby and Sloane says muh for milk. She will also sign for milk when she wants it.
They LOVE to play outside and you can't even say the word with out them running for their shoes. Sloane is trying hard to say shoes. She will just say shhhhh over and over. Sloane can also say please (peas) and it's just the most precious thing ever!! She was saying it a lot but now it's more few and far between.
They can also give kisses and they will start smacking "kisses" when you say it. You can also ask for a real kiss and Stella will lean in and put her lips on you. Sloane is harder to get a kiss from but she will "air kiss" at you.
They really are just so much fun and I am so glad I get to be here with them witnessing all these milestones. They still take a morning (most days) and afternoon nap and sleep about 12 hours everynight. They have been getting up at 6:00 or 6:30 again which is harder on me but I can't really complain. They sleep well when they aren't teething or sick so I am happy.
All in all they are happy, healthy babies and we are so blessed! Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment