Monday, September 17, 2012

Pee Wee School

The girls started Pee Wee School on September 4th. You might also call it Mother's Day Out. It's at our church and they go Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-2. They take their lunch and have nap time there but it's only about an hour and a half and they don't really even sleep that long yet. Some days they didn't sleep at all but hopefully they will get used to it soon and be able to sleep longer. At home they usually take about a 2 hour nap. It has been a big transition for them being away from me that long with strangers. They have been there for church of course but this is so much longer. Plus they just changed classrooms at church so they really weren't familiar with this room yet anyway. I wasn't as much worried about them being upset as I was about them hurting someone. This summer we went through a rough patch of them not wanting to share with other toddlers and pushing, shoving, doing whatever to get what they wanted. :( Not a fun parenting moment I tell you, not fun at all to have to constantly apologize for your little ones behavior. Stella was the biter and let me tell you how even more embarrassing that is!! Luckily after a couple of really bad, I mean BAD bites, She has finally gotten it under control. I guess it had to get really bad before it got better. Every time I drop them off I hold my breath until about 1:00 waiting for the school to call me and tell me I need to come and get one of them. Luckily I haven't had to yet and I pray that I won't. They have cried every time at drop off but not long. On Thursday last week, the fourth time, Stella didn't cry at all and Sloane stopped before I even left. I am hoping that tomorrow, the fifth time, we will do even better. They love it there I can tell because they come home talking all about things they did and friends they have made. Here are some pics from the first day of school and a craft they did the second day.

2 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I'm so glad that they are going!! It is going to be great for them and YAY for you getting a little break!!! It is WELL deserved, my friend!

    And, all us mommas have those embarassing moments where we want to crawl in a hole because of what our kid did! So you are not alone!

    Did I mention how cute those two are???! I hope hope hope I get to see them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Thank you for your comment!
    And yes, planning to see you guys in just a couple weeks!! Woo-hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete