Monday, March 19, 2012

20 months

Just wanted to do a quick update on some things the twins are doing now. They have both started talking a lot more the last couple months and copying everything we say. Sloane says adi-adi for water and I think it's so cute. Also they say pep-up for Ketchup. I think it's so funny that I go along with it. I know I am supposed to correct them but it's just so sweet to hear their little voices.
We went and stayed in Uvalde with my mom for a week while Nick was in Baton Rouge and they started calling mom Ga-ga. Her grandma name was Grammy but Sloane just couldn't say it so she says Ga-ga. Grammy ga-ga is pretty funny isn't it??!!
They still say muh for milk but they can say juice clear as day. Sloane can say Stella and she says it ALL the time! If she isn't saying Mommy or Dadda, she is saying Stella. Sounds like "Sella".
Nick and I went to Colorado skiing and let them for 4 days. It was the longest we had ever left them. I missed them so much! When I got back it was hard though. They had been used to having 2 people here (my mom and Nick's mom) and then going back to just me wasn't fun. They had a little trouble getting back into the routine and then the time changed and things were really off. It's been hard to get them to go to bed but we are finally getitng there. Sloane has learned how to almost climb out of her crib. She can get her leg up and almost over the rail! It's so scary but she's pretty strong and holds on tight to the top part. I tell her no and put her leg back down when I see her trying to pull up. The beds are convertible beds so we can get toddler rails to go on the side. I am just not ready to have them getting up and down on their own yet. I need to do a little more baby-proofing to their room and I want to break the pacifier habit. I am thinking I will do the cutting method soon. Our pediatrician recommended it and I've heard it works well from others too. Just a matter of breaking down and doing it! I know they really don't need it anymore and it's just a comfort thing so it's time to go.
We started them at The Little Gym a week before they turned 19 months. They were the youngest in the class but that hasn't stopped them! In just a month or so they have learned so much and LOVE going to class. Their teacher Ms Karlie is a twin too so she is always good about calling them by name and treating them as individuals. It's a mommy and me (or daddy and me) class so we always have 2 adults go. They are just too busy to only have one of us there. My mom went with me once, Nick's mom went with him once and Karen went with Nick one time when I was hosting a baby shower here. (What an awesome friend right?? She's the best!!) It was the perfect thing for them to do while I was having the shower. They got to go have fun and stay out of my way here. ;)
They recently have started letting us actually read to them. Usually they would bring us a book and flip the pages so fast you couldn't read anything. Now they will sit in your lap and listen to you quietly while we read. It's such a small thing but such a big thing too! You know me, being a teacher, I've dreamed of reading my favorite books to them. Of course I've been reading all along, but now they are finally engaged. It's awesome!
Here is a pic of them swinging. The weather has been nice and finally a little break in the rain so we are enjoying it while we can! Yes, I said rain! We had one of the rainiest starts to this year in history. Rained more days than didn't and that's saying something for TX!

No comments:

Post a Comment