I have to blog about this because it is just one of those things that needs to be shared. (Well probably doesn't really need to be but I want to share anyway.) Years ago when I dreamed of being a Mom, I never dreamed of days like the last several we just lived. We ALL four got the worst stomach bug ever! It started Wednesday afternoon when Stella woke up crying during her nap. She had only been down about 45 minutes and usually naps for almost 2 hours so I went up to check on her. There was throw up in her bed! Oh no! I thought, that's weird. So I changed her and tried to get Sloane back to sleep and thought I would sneak out with Stella and deal with the puke later. Sloane didn't want any of it and they were both crying so I scooped them up and headed downstairs. Right as my feet hit the tile in the foyer, Stella starts throwing up again. Oh, it was bad! As bad as you can imagine. She's crying and trying to grab me because she's so scared and doesn't know what is going on, Sloane is just staring at her and I'm trying not to gag. I put Sloane in the playroom and grab some paper towels from the bathroom. I strip off her clothes and head to the kitchen to grab my phone and call Nick. In the process of trying to call him she throws up again!! Oh my word! What do I do?!?! So, he's in Freeport over an hour away. Seriously? Of all days! So I throw some paper towels on that mess and head to our bathroom to clean her up. Sloane follows me and thankfully is being good, just watching her poor sister in sympathy. I get Stella cleaned up and just kept her in a diaper. I made her stay in the bathroom in case she threw up again. I tried to call my mom and she wasn't available. I really didn't know what to do! It's one of those times as a Mom when you kinda start to panic because you haven't lived this part, or even thought about it! So I pray and get some composure and call my friend Karen. She often comes over after school (she's a teacher too, well literacy coach now, but teacher hours anyway!) and visits us so I thought maybe today she could come help me with Sloane since Nick wouldn't be home till 5:30 or 6:00. Luckily she answered when I called and came right away. What a friend! I mean really, I don't know what I would have done with out her that day! So, so thankful for you Karen!
The rest of the evening Stella kept throwing up every few minutes. I had called the pediatrician and they gave me a list of what to do and signs of when it was time to go to the E.R. When Nick got home finally Stella was really not doing well and I was getting scared. He called his Mom and she left church in Katy and got here as fast as she could. Luckily in the meantime, Stella settled down and fell asleep on Nick. Nick's Mom brought us dinner and pedialyte. Again, so, so thankful for her!! Stella started doing better and I was praising he Lord that maybe we wouldn't be taking her to the E.R. after all. Then, I heard it! Sloane had been asleep upstairs and all the sudden I heard her crying on the monitor. No! Not her, please, no throw up, but just as I got to the nursery door I heard her throwing up! Oh no! Right then I knew, this was going to be a rough one! This time it was on carpet! Ugh! My wonderful husband took care of that situation while I dealt with Sloane in our bathroom. Thank goodness Mamaw was here now to deal with Stella. We finally get somewhat settled, babies in pack n plays in our room, and Nick and I get into bed when all the sudden he is up again. Now it's hit him! Thursday morning was my turn!
It ended up hitting him and Stella the worst and Sloane and I skated by with a somewhat milder version, if there is such a thing!
We all felt pretty lousy from Wednesday night to Friday night. Saturday was better and I think today we are almost back to normal. I spent Friday night cleaning and sanitizing everything I could and a little more cleaning today. Hopefully we are over this and it doesn't come back to visit anytime soon!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment